3798 Veterans Memorial Blvd Ste. 200
Metairie, LA 70002
To our Patients:
We are closely monitoring all updates and guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Louisiana Department of Health regarding the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The health and safety of our patients is a top priority, and we encourage you to remain calm and rational while taking the appropriate measures to avoid infection.
The best way to prevent infection is to avoid exposure. Please follow the following guidelines:
• If you are sick or feeling ill, STAY HOME and get competent medical advice;
• If you are at a higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 because of your age or you have an auto-immune health issue, it is extra important for you to take actions to reduce the impact of disease;
• Get your information from the experts, not social media. The CDC has a designated Coronavirus web page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
• Do not panic. For the majority of people, the immediate risk of being exposed to the virus is thought to be low;
· Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
· Contain sneezes and coughs using tissues, your arm, etc., and then throw the tissue away;
· Avoid handshakes and hugs, which enable virus transmission through skin-to-skin contact. Substitute something else — smile, wave or bump elbows;
· Avoid using public (shared) pens
· Try to avoid public venues, i.e., grocery stores, the mall, restaurants, bars, etc.;
· Practice “Social Distancing”
Social distancing is the public health practice of encouraging people to keep their physical distance from each other during disease outbreaks in order to slow the spread of infection. The purpose of social distancing is to reduce the spread of illness and to lessen the impact on society, and applies both at work and away from work.
· Decreased exposure to people decreases potential exposure to COVID-19;
· People who are less than 6 feet away from an infected person have the greatest risk of infection;
· Contaminated surfaces can transmit the virus for 24 hours;
· People may not show signs of COVID-19 but may still be contagious. You can be contagious 24-48 hours before symptoms onset.
We are currently offering telemedicine visits so that you don’t have to leave your home. Please call the office at 504.454.0141 to get more information.
Please exercise good judgement, follow the public medical announcements and stay safe.
Office DirectionsClick Here for a map to our location.
Have A Question?Click Here if you would like to email a neurosurgical question to one of our neurosurgeons.
Patient FormsClick Here to download our latest patient forms.
Patient EducationClick Here to learn about conditions & treatments of the brain & spine.
"Quality matters ... for the best possible outcomes."Katie Couric and Dr. Archille Georgiou discuss how to make the right choice in choosing a doctor.
Click here to watch the video